8 Reasons why it's beneficial for small businesses to market online using YouTube videos.
People go to the internet for a number of reasons. One of the biggest reasons is because they want to find information that will help them solve a problem. Google has made a fortune by providing links to information they think would help.
But guess what? YouTube has now become the second largest search engine after Google. What does that mean? It means that people are going to YouTube not only to find answers to their problems but to seethem. Instead of reading the information, they would rather watch it.
What does that mean to you? In a nutshell, if you have a business, you have to have a presence on YouTube! There are some amazing benefits to doing so. Here are eight powerful reasons:
1. It’s Free - Besides your investment of time, making and uploading videos is completely free to do you YouTube! Is the Yellow Pages free? No! Is a billboard free? No! But YouTube is.
2. Content is Powerful - In the online world, content is king and that would make video content the king of kings. Like I mentioned before, people would much rather watch something than read something – especially online.
3. Potentially Viral – If your video is creative or funny or informational enough, it has the potential to go viral. That means that potentially thousands of other people will be sharing your video with their people. That’s exposure to your business from an infinite amount of people.
4. Global and Local Audience – Based on the key words you use, your video has the potential to be seen around the world. This means you could have new clients or customers overseas! Have a local business? Not to worry. You can target local searches as well and become the go-to person in your region.
5. Demonstrate Your Expertise – By giving away great tips, you will literally show your viewers that you know what you’re talking about. For many potential clients or customers, it often comes down to choosing between two businesses. Your business is going to stand out if you have a video showing them why you’re good.
6. Selling for You 24/7 – Making a video is like creating a virtual sales person. You make the video once, load it up, and then let your video sales person go to work for you around the clock. Every new video you make is another full time sales person. There’s no limit to what you could do!
7. Give Them a Face – Having a video gives the potential client a face. It shows them you’re really a nice person that knows what you’re talking about and how you can help them. Camera shy? No problem! You can make a powerpoint video and still show your stuff. Just be sure to give your viewers a headshot in your intro.
8. Video is SEO Friendly – This is a big one. When someone searches for something online, very often a video will come up in one of the top spots in the organic search spots. If this is your video, this is huge because it stands out above the other links. It then carries with it all of the above listed benefits.
With all of these benefits the question is, why wouldn’t you do YouTube marketing?
Learn more about the author, Sean Marshall.